Resume of Sally Prather Kyvernitis
- A well rounded IT professional with over 10 years of experience teaching computer science at the college level and over 10 years of industry experience in all phases of software design and development.
- Software Design & Programming, Data Modeling, Database Programming, Business Process Modeling & Reengineering, Workflow Automation, Business Analysis, Project Management.
- Indiana University (Bloomington, IN): M.S. in Computer Science.
- Duke University (Durham, NC): B.S. in Computer Science, cumme laude.
2007 - current: Faculty Member at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA)
- Teach computer science courses (web design, web application development, database design and SQL, java programming). Faculty adviser for Computer Science BS/BA, Digital Media Minor, MS/CS, MS/IST, and Phd programs.
2004 - 2007: Assistant Professor at DeVry University (Fort Washington, PA)
- Taught courses in web design (Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS style sheets, PHP, MySql), web application development (C#, Visual Studio .NET, NetBeans, Java, JSP), object oriented programming, and senior project (full life cycle software implementation).
2003 - 2004: Web Application Project Manager at the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)
- Coordinated the efforts of software vendors, Upenn employees, and contractors to implement a web application that tracks the review of all human and lab animal research at the University of Pennsylvania.
1998 - 2002: Principal Consultant with Walklett Group (Malvern, PA)
- As a Web Developer for a Pharmaceutical Company (Merck, Westpoint):
- Created a HTML prototype for an intranet web site to support long range facilities planning.
- Implemented a Move Desk intranet application. (Java, JSP, HTML, Oracle)
- Designed and implemented enhancements to an intranet application that calculates charge-back to various departments based on space utilization. (Java, JSP, HTML, Oracle, Archibus)
- As a web analyst for a Financial Services Company (Vanguard, Valley Forge),
I wrote requirements, use cases, and test plans for the following projects:
- A project that integrates a 3rd party web site to provide financial advise to 401K participants (XML, web services).
- A project to create middle-tier business objects for all institutional web applications (e.g., self-service for participants of 401K plans).
- A project that utilizes the Bowstreet package to create a 401K web site “personalized” for each institutional client.
- For a Financial Services Company (Pitcairn), lead a team that created an IT strategy to identify critical business success factors & related IT projects (prioritized with business justification & cost/benefit analysis) for a company that manages over $2,000,000,000 in assets.
- For a manufacturing company (Dupont, Wilmingtom DE), Server Side Web programming. Reverse engineered, designed, & implemented complex SQL Server stored procedures for a web application that forecasts manufacturing budgets. (Sql Server database, T-SQL)
For a Convenience Store Chain (Wawa, Wawa PA):
- Automated workflow for Real Estate development at Wawa (a convenience store chain): wrote RFP, selected vendor, negotiated contract, designed data model & software, supervised development, created test plans, created suite of business reports supported by complex Oracle views, wrote user docs, trained users, & managed rollout. (Oracle, Archibus, MSAccess, MSProject, IQ for Objects report writer)
- Business Process Re-engineering for a Convenience Store Chain (Wawa): documented & re-engineered business process, documented requirements for the Real Estate Department. (System Architect Business Process Modeling Tool, Erwin Data modeling Tool)
1996 - 1998: Lead Analyst then Group Manager at TV Guide (Radnor, PA)
- Group Manager: hiring, firing, staff development. Major contributions to TV Guide methodology.
- Data Warehouse Technical Lead for the TV Guide team working with C&L consultants. Performed and supervised the following activities: User requirements documentation, Data Modeling, Data mapping, ETL (extraction, transformation, and load), evaluation of end user analysis tool, custom web site that provides salespeople easy access to warehouse info.
- Project Manager & Technical Lead for Client/Server Development for Murdoch Magazines Distribution Inc (the following projects): Assignment Tracking, Billing Credit Data Entry, & Audit Bureau Control systems. (VB, Oracle)
- Project Manager & Technical Lead for Lotus Notes Development for: Assignment Tracking, Generic Workflow Engine, Chain Sales Call, Assoc. Press News Items, Ad Problem Tracking.
- Lotus Notes Administrator: Lead the conversion (50+ applications, 300+ mail users) from Notes3 to Notes4 (OS/2 and SPX to NT and TCP). Set up mail routing and replication.
1992 - 1996: Consultant with Day & Zimmerman Information Solutions (Radnor, PA)
- Project Manager & Technical Lead of a project integrating a client server imaging system with a mainframe accounting system via Reflections (windows terminal emulator) using Visual Basic and DDE. (Oracle, Sun-UNIX, HP987-Mpeix, TCP/IP, NSOpen, NFS Client, & SQL*Net).
- Designer/Developer of Multi-user Business Applications: Claim Reconciliation (Genex), Property Reappraisal (Chartwell Realty), Recruiting (General Healthcare Resources), Subsidiary Referral & Teller Measurement (Meridian Bank), Help Desk rollout (Liberty Mutual Insurance), Property Tax Reporting (MainLine Federal Bank). (FoxPro, dBase, COBOL)
- Prototyping/Developing Lotus Notes Applications: Automated Proposal Requests for Today’s Special Value (QVC), Action Request System & Automated On-Line Documentation System (FMC), Daily Publishing of Internal Reports (Vanguard).
1990 - 1992: Assistant Professor at Neumann College (Aston, PA)
- Redesigned the CIS curriculum and taught all of the upper level computer science courses. Coordinator of Academic Computing Lab.
1985 - 1989: Instructor at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA)
- Taught computer science courses, advised graduate students, & helped establish a Temple/Unisys off campus graduate program.
1982 - 1985: MIS Manager at Federal Bank of Lebanon (Nicosia, Cyprus)
- Evaluated software & hardware proposals for banking systems in Beirut and Cyprus. Supervised the installation, software maintenance, and daily operations of the Cyprus system. (COBOL, IMOS V, NCR)
1981 - 1983: Independent Consultant (Nicosia, Cyprus)
- Designed and implemented the following applications: General Ledger & Aged Debtor Systems (D.G. Jones Quantity Surveyors); Manufacturing (Atlas shoe factory); Wholesale Sales, Retail Sales, & Inventory Control (Soleas Sports wholesaler/retailer).